Founder & Managing Director | Executive Coach
“My mission is to help you play a bigger game in your career. Empowering and developing hospitality industry leadership globally is my business and my legacy.” - Erika Medrado
Erika Medrado launched Lighthouse 14 to empower individuals and organizations grow above and beyond their expectations. Since 2014, she has provided depth, creativity, and clarity to her clients with a strategic plan in hand. As the leading Human Resources expert and Executive Coach of Lighthouse 14, she delivers the foundation for personal and professional development with tangible results. She focuses on developing leaders that are technically strong and highly emotionally intelligent. A champion and connector of people, Erika recognizes potential and knows how to cultivate it.
For decades, Erika has been immersed in the ultra-luxury hospitality industry. She devoted twelve years of her life to Human Resources Management at Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts while training and rotating in multiple positions. As the former Assistant Director of HR at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, she guided hundreds of hotel employees and established leaders to success. Erika became a champion of navigating customer service, business execution, and highly-effective brand positioning, all with a flair for style. In order to deepen her hospitality expertise even further, Erika traveled the world and engaged with the industry’s finest leaders. By leveraging her global network, she continues to make a profound impact for her hospitality clients, and she brings a whole new meaning to going the extra mile.
Erika’s passion for developing leadership is also strongly reflected in her eight years of business consulting and coaching for Rice University in Houston, Texas. She served as Associate Director of Recruiting & Marketing at Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business and managed the global marketing strategy, recruiting, interviewing and selection of students admitted to the prestigious Rice University Education Entrepreneurship Program (REEP) MBA, Business Fellowship and Summer Institute. With a clear mission to strengthen leadership capacity, Erika served as Senior Talent Development Consultant for Rice University Education Entrepreneurship Program.
Erika currently leads Lighthouse 14 as Managing Director & Executive Coach and serves as a Leadership Coach for the Rice University Doerr Institute for New Leaders.
A dual citizen of Brazil and the U.S., Erika is fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish. She earned a Bachelor of Communications from the University Catolica do Salvador, Brazil, and a Master of Science in Hospitality Management from the Conrad Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management at University of Houston, Texas. Erika brings a unique perspective to her consulting and coaching work due to her global exposure and extensive years of experience working with clients and projects related to hospitality, human resources, leadership development, coaching, and higher education. Erika lives in Houston, The United States with her husband and two children.
Executive Coaching Credentials
- Official Member of Forbes Coaches Council
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Board Certified Executive Coach (BCC), Center for Credential & Education (CCE)
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC), World Coach Institute (WCI)
- 18+ years of experience in Talent Development (HR, Leadership Development & Coaching combined)
- Emotional Intelligence Certified (EQ-i 2.0 and EQ-i 360 Assessments)
- Behavioral-Based Interviewing Methodology Certified
- 4+ years of immersion in Jungian Psychology (studying the sub-conscious mind)
- Cognitive Behavioral Psychology/Coaching Trained
- Member of International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Member of Institute of Coaching, Harvard University McLean Hospital
Business Consulting Credentials
- 8+ years of Coaching and Consulting combined for Rice University (ranked among the Top 20 universities in the USA)
- 5+ years of Consulting for MBA students and alumni to increase leadership capacity
- Current Leadership Coach at Rice University, Doerr Institute for New Leaders
Global Hospitality Industry Credentials
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management, University of Houston
- 12+ years of luxury hospitality experience at Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- 11 years of senior experience in Human Resources Management (Hospitality)
- 12+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition (Behavioral Based Interviewing)
- 4+ years of experience in Training & Development (luxury hospitality)
- Extensive international travel and exposure to luxury hospitality brands
- 20+ years of experience living and working abroad (strong knowledge of LATAM and North America markets)
- Multi-lingual in English, Portuguese and Spanish. Learning Italian.